Before I get into today’s post I have to tell you, I wasn’t a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I was one of those girls that always managed to find herself single when this holiday came around. I would sit at home watching the clock waiting for it to be over. My husband came along and thankfully changed all that, with plenty of Valentine’s Days spent going out to dinners and giving each other hilarious “I Love You” cards.
If you have big plans this Friday, here are some beauty goodies you just have to have for gorgeous time out!
1. Bold Pink Lipstick: Sure, a red one will be an obvious choice but I chose pink because it’s a lot more fun and flirty. Plus it works whether your day involves a special lunch or a romantic dinner.
My pick: CoverGirl LipPerfection Lip Color in Bombshell
2. A Shine Fighting Press Powder: This especially applies to ladies who fight the shiny T-zone monster like me on a daily basis. Applying press powder to your shiny spots after your foundation gives your look a nice, matte finish. Make sure you bring it with you so you can touch up.
My pick: CoverGirl Cleaned Press Powder, Oil Control
3. Glittery Hair Accessory: Want to add some pizzaz to your hair? Sparkly hair accessories are the way to go. Add a flower clip to side swept hair, a glittery headband to a sock bun, or trendy pins to an updo. Hit up stores like Claire’s or Forever 21 to get fun accessories for less!
My Pick: Claire’s Rhinestone Twist Headwrap
4. Sexy Black Eyeliner: Nothing is sexier than a bold cat eye and the right liner will do just that! Plus, it’s so on trend this season.
5. Makeup Ready Primer: A flawless beauty look requires the necessary face prep. The right primer needs to be hydrating, brighten, and even out skin to create the ideal canvas for the rest of your makeup.
My Pick: Almay Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer
6. Killer Red Polish: Even girls like me who don’t get mani’s that often can appreciate a beautiful, red one for a special occasion like this one. Spice things with some nail art or a glittery top coat.
My pick: Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure in Red My Lips
7. A Lover’s Flush Blush: We concentrate so much on our eyes and lips that our cheeks can get overlooked and that’s no bueno! Applying the right blush adds the finishing touch that your face needs for a gorgeous, put-together look.
My Pick: Mary Kay’s Cheek Color in Citrus Bloom
8. Sleek Heat Protectant: This is a must if you plan on rocking smooth, straight hair for your special date. Not only will it protect your hair as you flat iron it, it will keep your hair smooth, shiny, and frizz free all night long!
My pick: Smooth ‘n Shine Polishing Silk ‘N Sleek Heat Protect Straighten Polisher
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? What are your makeup essentials?