For today’s look I was originally inspired by the new Wet N Wild Palette I bought the other day on a trip to Walgreens. It’s their Photo Op Eyeshadow from the Fergie Center Stage Collection in Maldives Sky. What first drew my eye was the circular packaging, which was a big step away from their normal rectangular palettes. Next were the beautiful turquoise shades. It screamed summer to me, a season I’m still reluctant to let go of. Combined with dark purple and blue shades I could use this product well into the Fall.
I was ready to put those summer colors to work – only to be disappointed. The pigmentation was way off, not delivering anywhere near the depth of color I saw in the compact. I still wanted to rock these colors and I remembered my Smashbox Shades of Fame Collection*. I already use a lot of the neutral colors but it’s been awhile since I wore the shade Pacific, which is just as tropical blue as the name suggests. From there, I pictured sandy beaches and Caribbean getaways, counting down the days to summer’s end!
- Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation
- Revlon Photo Ready Concealer
- CoverGirl Press Powder
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Citrus Bloom*
- The shade Pacific was going to take center stage, so I pressed it all over my lids with a small flat brush
- Using a pencil brush, I applied the dark turquoise shadow from the Wet n Wild Palette in the creases.
- To keep the color controlled, I swept Mocha* from the Smashbox Collection in the brow bone.
- For liner, I used Wet N Wild’s Mega Liquid Liner in black. I applied a very thin line, staying as close to the upper lash line as possible.
- To finish it off, I swept one coat of Avon’s Super Extend Infinite Mascara* in black.
What’s summer without my CoverGirl LipPerfection Lip Color, especially my old time favorite shade, Tempt!
I’ve been having a kind of love/hate relationship with my hair. Lately the back of my hair has been feeling extra dry and coarse . I’ve been deep conditioning every other week and even did a cowash two days ago. I don’t know if my hair is going through changes or what but I’ve been a bit frustrated. The shrinkage has also been kinda of crazy! To help with that, I braided just the back last night using Organix Moisture Restore Weightless Oil. I found that helped out a little but I’m still baffled by the difference in texture that’s going on back there. As for the rest of my hair, it’s doing pretty good with the new moisturizer I’m using. On that same Walgreens shopping trip, I bought Motions Hydrate My Curls Pudding. It’s light, doesn’t leave my hair greasy, and keeps my hair moisturized for most of the day.
How are you spending these last days of summer?
*FTC Disclosure: This product was received previously as a free sample for review.