The Motions brand and I go way back to my relaxer days. Their shampoo was the only one I use because it always left my hair soft and moisturized. Since I went natural I sadly had to let it go for more curly friendly products. So you can only imagine how excited I was when they reached out to me to try out their new Natural Textures Line.
With 9 products that take us from cleansing to styling, it promises healthy and great looking hair whether you’re rocking wavy, coily, or kinky curly hair. I’ve been using their products for the last few weeks for my normal wash-and-goes and even a braid out attempt. Armed with their products and their online tips for my hair type, this is how I got my summer curl game going with Motions.
Wash And Go
- My hair has been really dry lately so I did a prepoo with the Smoothing Conditioner. Formulated with shea butter, coconut, and avocado oils helps restore hairs pH balance and keep the frizzies away. I applied it to my dry hair, put it up in a bun, and left it in for 30 minutes. My hair already felt crazy soft by the time I was ready to shampoo.
- Next up was the Moisturizing Cleanser. Made with the same yummy ingredients as the conditioner, it’s just as creamy with a rich lather. My curls were clean without feeling dried out.
- To keep the moisture party going, I applied the Deep Conditioning Curling Masque. It had great slip that helped with detangling. Then I wrapped it up in a plastic cap and sat under a warm dryer for 10 minutes. I rinsed it out with cold water and I had awesomely soft curls.
- After my leave in conditioner, I used the Hydrate My Curls Pudding to strengthen and moisturize my hair, giving it some hold without weighing down. It also smells amazing and doesn’t leave any residue behind.
- I always need a little bit more hold, so I finished off with the Define My Curls Crème, which is more of pomade than a cream. I made sure to use a little bit and only on my ends.
My hair stayed soft and moisturized all week, especially with the Curls Pudding as my refresher.
- I followed the same cleansing and conditioning routine as my wash-and-go.
- I used the Hydrate My Curls Pudding as my moisturizer.
- Dividing my hair into sections, I put in a little of the Define My Curls Crème and combed it through.
- Then I did three cornrows straight back, putting perm rods on the ends.
- In the morning when my hair was dry, I poured a little of the Radiating Hair Gloss on my finger, took them down, and fluffed.
Though it wasn’t my usual “big hair don’t care” hair style, it was a nice change. Unfortunately the humidity was too much for it to handle so the curls didn’t last too long.
All in all, I was happy with the new Motion’s natural hair line. The Smoothing Conditioner was an awesome prepoo and the curl pudding is a great moisturizer for the summer.
Are you a fan of Motions? Have you tried any of their new products?
FTC Disclosure: Products were received as a free samples for review. All opinions are my own.