Is the New Year being good to you?
I’m still riding the New Year’s high and hit the ground running – hard! That’s why I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off 2014’s beauty posts than with Maybelline’s Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24Hr Cream Gel Shadow in Tenacious Teal. The name and the gorgeous blue green color describes exactly where my mind is right now – big, bold, and in your face! I can’t afford to dabble on the sidelines this year. Everything in my life needs to get turned up – beauty included!
Now, back to the eye shadow. Just like the Painted Purple, it gives me great depth of color for a drug store brand and the staying power is amazing. The only thing you have to be careful with is application. A small, stiff paint brush is your best friend, using short strokes to get the color on. Do not use your finger to blend or it will come right off. Other than that, it’s an instant favorite of mine and will be getting plenty of play, especially when the summer gets here!
- Mary Kay medium coverage foundation
- Revlon Photoready concealer
- Pixi Beauty Face Powder*
- Stila Convertible Color in Poppy
- With a short, stiff paint brush, I applied Tenacious Teal to my eyelids, making sure I didn’t touch the creases.
- I was a bit stumped on what to use as a backup shadow, so I took a chance with Avon True Color Eye Shadow in Midnight Sparkler*. Using my new e.l.f blending brush, I swept it on the creases and blended out to the brow bone, giving a soft, smoky effect. To take that look a step further smudged on ¾ of my lower lash lines
- For a matte finish on my brows, I took the dark brown color from the Wet-n-Wild Color Icon palette in Knock on Wood and applied it under my arches.
- I put on a thin line of Rimmel London’s Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner* on my upper lash line and finished up with Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Action mascara.
I wanted a soft but noticeable pink lip color put didn’t have the right lipstick for the job. So I got creative and made my own! I first dabbed on Covergirl LipPerfection Lip Color in Eternal, creating a soft layer of color. Then I went over with Pixi Lip Gloss in Pink Orchid* for some shine.
I wanna know! How are you changing up your beauty look for 2014?
*FTC Disclosure: This product was received previously as a free sample for review. All opinions are my own.