I was pretty psyched about last year’s color, but when Pantone announced that Radiant Orchid was 2014’s color of the year I was pretty stoked. Purple is one of my favorite colors and this shade is just so cool and unique. It has the ability to be soft and feminine or bold and edgy with just a tweak of the color.
While it can easily translate into a spring or summer wear, there’s no reason to wait that long to rock it! It’s a breath of fresh air from your normal grays and dark blues, bringing some fun to your wardrobe. And with this winter being extra brutal in many parts of the country, we need that vibrancy in our fashion lives!
So I’ve rounded up some of the hottest fashion in this hue, along with some tips on how to rock it right!
Old Navy Women’s Patterned Maxi Tank Dress / Dorothy Perkins Purple Bodycon Scoop Dress / ModCloth Beguiling Beauty Dress / ASOS Mini Dress with Batwing Sleeves
- Instead of going for those black pumps, swap them out for a nude pair for a fresh take on your look.
- A black blazer and matching clutch add instant sophistication to your look. (it’s also a great way to winterize your maxi!)
- For a classic yet bold look, rock your dress with a crystal statement necklace or big stud earrings.
Jones New York Collection Slim Straight Leg Pants / PJK Patterson J. Kincaid – Barley Button-Front Blouse (Saks Off 5th) / Worthington® Side-Zip Mini Skirt (JcPenney) / Lord and Taylor Solid V-neck Blouse / Loft Long Sleeve Boat Neck Tee / SONOMA life + style Modern Fit Twill Straight-Leg Pants (Kohls) / Lord and Taylor Wrap Front Top / Roper Rayon Jersey Maxi Skirt (Zappos)
- This is a great option for those of you who don’t want to go all in on this trend. They go perfectly with the gray and black pieces you already own!
- A top or pant in a muted shade of radiant orchid can spice up your work wear while still meeting office dress code.
Coldwater Creek New edition Peacoat / uniqlo Ultra Light Down Vest / Express Exp Core Half Zip Jacket
- What better way to brave the cold weather than in a bright and bold jacket. To make sure it’s the star of the show, keep the rest of your look on the neutral side.
- Love scarves? Pair your coat with one with a print that’s the same color.
How are you wearing Pantone’s color of the year?