Five Days until Christmas! *doing my little holiday dance*
If you’re holiday celebration includes a glitzy night out than a super glam beauty look is what you need! I was inspired by this picture on my Facebook Page. I can never resist a bold red lip on a night out and glittery gold shadow screams of holiday cheer. In order to recreate the look I immediately went for my Maybelline Eye Studio Palette in Give Me Gold. It’s one of the best shadows I have that gives me the deep gold color I need. For the red lip color I got a little adventurous and combined two of my favorite shades. J
- Avon Cream to Powder Foundation*
- Sheer Cover Concealer* – (Here’s a neat little trick: To get really smooth coverage under my eyes, I used a small paintbrush to apply)
- Pixi Beauty Face Powder*
- Stila Convertible Color in Poppy on Cheeks
- For my highlighter shade, I chose the shimmery gold color in the Maybelline palette, applying with my small, shadow brush.
- To make sure the gold stood out, I swept the dark matte brown shadow on the creases and browbone.
- For a little shimmer, I dabbed the white powder under my eyebrow arches.
- Now for some black liner! Using my ScandalEyes kohl eyeliner from Rimmel London*, I lined my upper lash line, making the liner bigger as I made my way to the outer corner. I lined my lower lash line until the middle of my eye.
- To create a soft, smoky look, I went over the liner with a black, glittery shadow from Rimmel London’s Glam Eyes Quad in Black Cab*.
- For big lashes I used NYC’s Big and Bold Mascara.
I was a bit torn in what I wanted to use as my red lip color. I loved the boldness of the CoverGirl LipPerfection in Tempted but the Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Sizzling Red* was the shade of red I wanted. So I figured, why not use both? I filled in my lips with Tempted and then, using a small paint brush, went over the middle of my lips with the Sizzling Red. Who says a girl can’t get what she wants? Especially at Christmas time!
What’s your go-to look for the holidays?
*FTC Disclosure: Product was received previously as a sample for review. All opinions are my own.