This December is like a style bloggers dream! From new product launches to having the perfect excuse to sparkle out, I’m having just too much fun I tell you. Today I got to play with the Icy Eye Palette from Pixi Beauty. I liked the assortment of colors from jump because it was right up my holiday alley. Unlike years pasts, instead of going and partying until the wee hours, it’s family friendly day functions that don’t call for smoky eyes and heavy liner. But I still want to look good and have some shimmer in my life and this palette gives me just that! It has a great array of daytime shades in both matte and shimmer finishes. Like the last palette I reviewed, they all give me great pigment (thanks to the Mica) and versatility. The packaging is also super festive, perfect as a stocking stuffer!
I created this look for a holiday picnic (sorry northerners!) and I absolutely loved it! It had the right amount shimmer and color without looking overdone as I threw down on some awesome BBQ.
- DIY Tinted Moisturizer (Neutrogena Moisturizer and Mary Kay Liquid Foundation)
- CoverGirl Pressed Powder
- CoverGirl Concealer under my eyes
- Mary Kay Blush in Citrus Bloom*
- I chose the medium shimmery brown shade as my highlighter color, pressing it on my lids.
- For the crease, I swept the brown matte color to help balance out the shimmer party
- To give my eyes some shape, I pressed the dark brown shadow on the outer creases, using my finger to blend.
- I swept the lightest brown shade in my eyebrow arches to keep my look light and bright.
- Keeping my eyes in the Pixi family, I used the matte deep chocolate brown liner from the Crayon Combo to line my upper lashes and my lower lashes just a ¼ of the way.
- To add a little shimmer to my lower lash line, I dabbed on the white shimmery shadow with a pencil brush.
- I finished up with Mary Kay’s Lash Love Mascara.*
I wore the Icy Lip Luster lip gloss in Ice Petal. This set has 3 other glosses to choose from and formulated with Vitamin E to protect your lips. You can use them alone or layer them over your favorite lipstick. The Pink Orchid was my favorite (check it out on my Instagram page!)
Pixi is available on their website as well at your local Target store!
*These products were received previously as free samples for review.
Pixi Beauty Products were received as free samples for review. All opinions are my own.