For today’s look I went to my Pinterest boardagain for some much needed inspiration. I’ve been playing it safe and I needed to do something super different. And let me tell you, this was way different for me! I chose this pin because it’s one of my all time faves! Besides the fact that I’m loving her attitude in this pose, what caught my attention right away was the aqua blue liner. Putting it on the lower lash line makes the whole look pop! It’s not something you see every day. She also doesn’t keep the rest of the look low key either, with thick black liner, rosy cheeks, and super sweet purple lip color.
- Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation
- Mally Beauty Cancellation Conditioning Concealer*
- Stila Covertible Color Cheek Cream in Poppy
- To make the inner corners pop, I applied the gold shimmery shadow from Maybelline’s Eye Studio Give Me Gold Palette with a pencil brush.
- Now for the bold liner! With a thin, angled paint brush, I lined my lower lash line with Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Pastel Blue*.
- I went over the blue with Avon Glimmersticks in Aqua Flash*.
- For the upper lash lines I used Rimmel London’s Gel Liner*. it’s my go-to product for a dramatic eye look.
- To lighten up my eyes, I swept the light brown shadow from the Give Me Gold palette on my brow bone.
- I finished up with Avon Super Extend Mascara* on both my upper and lower lashes.
Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss in Crimson*
I’m rocking my normal wash and go but I’ve incorporated a new technique to my washing routine – oil rinsing. What you do is apply your favorite oil right after shampooing. You can rinse it out and then condition, or apply your conditioner right after, which is what I’ve been doing for the past few weeks. My oil of choice is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I noticed a dramatic reduction in single strand knots and the amount of hair I lose on wash day. Detangling is so much easier and the dryness I was experiencing is a thing of the past.
Another thing I’ve been doing not so much for something different but out of necessity is using my blow dryer. With a toddler my days are super busy and the only time I get to wash my hair is at night. So after applying my leave in from Cantu Shea Butter, I spritz on Frizz Ease Heat Defense Spray, and blast my hair with the blow dryer on each section of hair for no longer than a minute. I lightly pull on my hair while I’m blow drying it so it can stretch the curls out. Then I continue on with my Shea Moisture’s Curling Smoothie, seal with olive oil, and apply a little bit of Shea Moisture’s Curling Souflee to hold my curls in place while they air dry the rest of the way. It cuts my drying time in half and I have bigger hair on wash day.
Have you done anything adventurous with your makeup lately?
*FTC Disclosure: This product was received previously as a free sample for review.