When I thought of what I wanted to do for today’s Beauty Look, the first thing that came to mind was bright lipstick! I haven’t rocked it in awhile, having too much fun with eye makeup. After looking through my newly organized makeup drawers (yes, that’s plural!) I pulled out this CoverGirl Lip Perfection Shade called Eternal. I bought it awhile back and I never really wore it since. Such a bummer because it’s such a gorgeous shade not too pink and not to red that’s perfect for the summer. Better late than never I guess!
After prepping my face with primer, foundation, and all that I put the lipstick on to help me figure out what to do with the eyes. I didn’t want to do my normal thick liner and mascara (too safe!) so I had to find shadow that was in the pink family with a soft but noticeable look. Pulling out the drawer with all my palettes, I found one I bought at ULTA ages ago. The colors were perfect but I knew that it needed some help in the pigment department. So out came the eyeshadow base and all was right with the world!
- SmashBox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer*
- Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation
- Covergirl Concealer
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color* in Citrus Bloom
- Using my finger, I applied NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearly White all over the lid
- Next I pressed ULTA Eyeshadow in Mystical all over my lids.
- I swept Flirty from the same quad in the creases and brow bone to brighten things up while keeping it neutral
- For a little shimmer, I dabbed Pink (from the same quad) in the arches of my eyebrows.
- To make my eyes pop I used Wet n Wild’s Mega Liquid Liner in black, applying a thin line across the upper lash line
- I finished it off with Mary Kay’s Lash Love Mascara* in black
CoverGirl LipPerfection Lip Color in Eternal
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that I went to the salon and got a much needed trim. I didn’t have a lot of split ends thank goodness (I’m always paranoid about those!) but I did have a lot of fuzzy ends that needed to go. After all, the last time my hair was professionally cut was over 2 years ago. While I did lose a bit of length it doesn’t compare to what I gained. My hair has shape and my curls have some serious definition, especially in the back! I thought it was just the type of curls I had back there but it was just those dead ends holding them back. After a good wash and deep condition, I can truly see the curls I’ve been working with. I also got some highlights done. They’re kind of hard to see because I chickened out and went super safe, opting for little bursts of light brown here and there. As for any adverse affects of the color, the only thing I’m experiencing is increased dryness and frizz action up top. My hair dresser warned me though so I’ll be sticking to a deep conditioning schedule and moisturizing my hair before bed.
What about you ladies? Are you changing up your look for Fall?
*FTC Disclosure: These products were received previously for review.