Pinterest has to be one of my favorite places to get inspired. Whenever I’m stuck in a fashion rut or need ideas for blog posts, I go to my boards or just pin away until my creativity kicks back in. While I was pinning from my phone one night (the Android app is genius!) I got an idea. I could take the looks I’ve pinned to my Makeup Inspiration Board and try to do them myself. Not only do a get to challenge my PJ brain, I get to breathe new life into my Beauty posts.
One trend I noticed a lot on my makeup board was dark eye looks and soft lipstick colors. I rarely go the dark shadow route and when I do I usually fall back on the same look. So I took one of my favorite pins and got to work on making it my own. I was little skeptical at first (OMG, this look calls for liner on the lower lash line! I can never get it right!) but I hung in there and took my time.
The end result – I’m very pleased! It’s a whole different look for me and ya’ll my lower liner does not look crazy! #Winning
- My DIY Tinted Moisturizer : Mix in a few drops of my liquid foundation into my daily moisturizer from Neutrogena
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in under my eyes
- CoverGirl concealer on my lids and brow bone to lighten them up
- CoverGirl press powder
- I went to my TooFaced Smokey Eye Palette for this one, using the colors from their Classic Smoke look.
- With a pencil brush I applied Silver in the inner creases for a little brightness before layering on the dark shadow
- I filled in the rest of my lid with ScandalEyes eyeshadow stick* in BlackMail. I used my finger to blend the across the lid
- I went over my lid with Black Suede for more depth of color
- To keep my brow bone nice and neutral I swept Nude from Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette* and pressed in a little bit of Bliss under the arch of my eyebrow for a little brightness.
- Now here comes the liner! Using Rimmel London’s Waterproof Gel Eyeliner* I lined my upper and lower lash lines all the way from the inner crease to the outer crease giving myself a little wing action.
- With a pencil brush I went back to Black Suede and went over my lower lash line to take away some of the shine the liner was giving me
- Finished off with two coats of ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara in black on my upper and lower lashes
Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss* in Mauve Movement
My hair is still straight from blowing it out last Saturday (tutorial to come, I promise!) I went from some side sweep action to imitate the picture, using a little bit of Soft and Beautiful’s Lite Moisturizer for shine.
After taking pictures for this post, I pushed my hair back and threw on a headband to get it out of my face and I realized I liked my hair better this way. It shows off the eyes much better.
Have you tried any new beauty looks lately?
If you’re looking for some makeup inspiration, like Fierce on Facebook to make sure you get your daily fix!
*FTC Disclosure: These products were received previously as free samples for review.