After having this on my beauty wish list for like ever, I finally went out and bought Maybelline’s Color Tattoo 24hour cream gel eyeshadow. I’m a sucker for high pigment at a drug store price and with the summer around the corner. Cream shadows are perfect for the hot weather down here and I’m ready for full on color! I really wanted Fierce and Tangy, an intense orange color that the darker skin model wore in their commercial. I don’t have a real orange shadow but unfortunately they were all out. So I went for Painted Purple, a brighter version of the color family that don’t have too much of in my beauty stash. After putting this look together, I don’t know why I waited so long to buy it! The color intensity is amaze and can practically carry a great eye makeup look all by itself!
- Avon Cream to Powder Foundation* (yeah, I don’t expand my foundation horizons too much!)
- CoverGirl concealer under the eyes
- CoverGirl Press Powder for my shiny T-zone
- Stila Convertible Color in Poppy on my cheeks
- Painted Purple was going to be the star of the show, so with a small, stiff brush I applied it all over my eyelids, using my finger to blend. The shadow goes on really easy and you don’t need a lot to get that bold color you want.
- For the crease and brow bone, I used the dark purple color from Wet-N-Wild’s Cool as a Cucumber palette. I just dusted it on to keep the color soft and complimentary
- Big color needs a crisp liner so I whipped out Wet N Wild’s Mega Liner in black, applying a think line on the upper lash lines to make my eyes pop some more.
- For Mascara I used NYC Big Bold Mascara. It’s becoming a favorite of mine for big, bold lashes.
In the last BLOTD, I told you guys I was getting a little bored with my hair. So going through some old posts, I came across this hairstyle that I haven’t done in a while. Not only is it easy to do, it held up for a few days which is a big plus for me!
- On freshly washed and moisturized hair, part your hair in half. For a little pizzaz, do a little side part in the front.
- Start flat twisting your hair, twisting down taking little bits of hair at a time.
- My hair in the back is softer and thicker in the back and with twists it unravels easier. So I stopped twisting finished up with a braid.
- That’s it!
What eyeshadow do you use for bold eye color?
*These products were previously received as free samples for review