It’s so easy to fall into a beauty rut – using the same products, colors, and combinations over and over again. They’re tried and true, you know what you’re gonna get, and you don’t have to think about it. Staying true to my New Year’s Resolutions, I’m trying to amp things up in the style department. After rocking my first colorblocking shirt, I wanted an equally new makeup look to go with it. Bright, earthy colors was what I wanted to use so I dug through my makeup stash and found some colors I hadn’t used in quite awhile!
- Avon Cream to Powder Foundation*
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer (Deep)
Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream* in Poppy on cheeks
- To give my eye color a little lift, I applied NYX Eyeshadow Base in pearl. It gives any eyeshadow you use a little more depth of color with a touch of shimmer.
- Then I went ot the only orange shadow I had, also from NYX in Hot Orange. I hardly use it because it didn’t give me the deep color I wanted (it looks so promising in the packaging) I thought that the base would amp it up but sadly it didn’t. So I had to go over it with Smashbox’s Sherbert* for more highlighting action.
- I stayed in the Smashbox palette *and applied Honey into the creases and bleneded out into the browbone.
- For the outer creases I used dark Cocoa.
- I finished up with Neutrogena’s mascara* in black.
Maybelline Lipstick in Copper Charm. I had to be careful putting this on. The color is really bright for my skin tone and if I put too much on I would look totally crazy!
Yeah, I was totally lazy on this one. I dunno, I’m getting a little uninspired with my hair these days. I’m trying to find a style that’s new, cute, and doesn’t require hours in front of the mirror. Anyways, I did my standard puff, spritzing my curls with Coconut Curling Milk* diluted with water and my Curling Souflee for shine and hold. Ladies I’m all open for hair suggestions!
For jewelry details, check out last week’s Fierce OOTD.
*These products were free samples received previously for review