As you may have noticed, I’ve been a little MIA lately. Life with a little one has proven a little crazier than I thought and with the holidays around the corner it’s even more crazy! (Ask me if I’ve started Christmas shopping yet! LOL) Though we are finally settling into somewhat of a routine, I find myself a little stuck.
I’m feeling very uninspired.
When I finally have the time to sit down and do a post, I just don’t know what to say. When the words finally do come out, it sounds so blah! The perfectionist in me would not let me put out anything than my best and you guys definitely deserve my A game every time you visit here. So I’m taking my own advice, and allowing myself a break until the New Year. As a type this, I feel the bloggers guilt just gnawing at me but as with all things we love, when we get in a rut, we have to take a step back and regroup.
So with this time off, I’m going to get a head start on getting ready for the new year. My planner is already in hand and I’ll be doing things that will get me off on the right foot in January, such as:
- Brainstorming a list of possible posts. Lists like this one get the creative juices flowing as well as continuing to visit my favorite blogs and pinning like crazy on Pinterest. Doing non-blog related things like going sightseeing and getting together with friends can also spark ideas.
- Getting my editorial calendar together. Once I have my ideas, it’s time to plan them out.
- Schedule posts ahead of time. With the pressure of not posting like I want to now, I can work on blog posts for later so when January 1st gets here, my blog is up and running (and my blogger heart will feel a whole lot better!)
- Keeping up on Social Media. Thank goodness for my phone! Staying in the loop with Twitter and Facebook not only keeps me in the know of what’s going on but also helps me keep in my touch with my blogging friends, who are always a source of inspiration for me!
- Taking notes. Ideas can strike at the weirdest of times (for me, it’s when I’m half asleep!) so writing them down helps me remember them for later. Also, taking photos of awesome outfits or bookmarking a beauty look I come across online may prove handy later too!
Before I sign off until January, I hope you ladies have an awesome holiday season! Spend this time with your family and friends and have fun!
Have you ever been stuck in a rut? What helps you when you’re feeling uninspired?