Can I just take a moment and say how much I missed doing these types of posts? I haven’t really worn makeup in forever and it feels super good to get back to my normal self (well semi-normal anyway!)
For this look, I took a cue from my shirt which I always wear for St. Patrick’s Day. It has touches of green with the cute saying “Everyone Loves an Irish Girl” (I mean seriously, who doesn’t? ). I didn’t want to go all the way green, like I did in this look, but rather just have it as a highlight. Well, the shadow I used on my lids didn’t give quite the punch I was looking for but it’s all good (it looks greener in person than on camera). The neutral colors tone things down and makes this makeup work as a day look. I kept the neutral thing going with a matte face and nude lips with just a little shimmer to let you know they’re still there.
- Avon’s Cream-to-Powder Foundation
- SheerCover Concealer for under the eyes (the lack of sleep is killing me! LOL)
- Cover Girl Press Powder on the nose and under the eyes
- Shimmery Green Shadow from Rimmel’s Glam Eyes HD Green Park Quad on the lids using a flat brush.
- Velvet Revolver from TooFaced on the crease and blended out into the brow bone using a blending brush.
- Nude Shadow from the same Rimmel Quad in the inner corners using a pencil brush
- Shamrock from Ulta on the outer corners blending it well with my blending brush.
- Applied a thin line of black eyeliner from Avon on the upper lids
- Finished off with NYC’s Big Bold Mascara
As for my hair, I keep that department super simple. I gave the blow-dryer a rest and went back to my regular wash-n-go. The side curls were looking kinda funky so I pinned them back with clips and called it day! As for products, I’m in the middle of reviewing Cantu Shea Moisture’s new Natural Hair Care line so there’s more to come on that!
So how do you feel about rocking green eyeshadow?