Blue is one of my absolute favorite colors and when I started getting into makeup, my first smokey eye was with blue shadows and I was hooked! It can be bold or it can be subtle yet making a statement all the same. So I had to feature it in today’s Beauty Look of the Day.
- Bright Blue shadow pressed on the lids (e.l.f)
- Sparkly Blue Green shadow swept onto the crease and blended lightly onto the brow bone (e.l.f)
- Dark Blue shadow on the outer crease (Too Faced)
- Finished off with black liner and mascara (Neutrogena)
- Kept the lips muted with Sweet Raisin Lip Gloss (Mary Kay)
Now for the Truth: I was not too thrilled with how my hair came out. I washed and deep conditioned my hair, did flat twists using Shea Moisture’s Curling Smoothie and Coconut Oil hairdress, and let my hair dry. I liked how the curls came out but my hair had no volume whatsoever. It just laid there all flat and boring. When I came home from work I tousled my hair a bit with my finger tips and it looked a whole lot better!