Since the New Year started I’ve been super motivated (and super busy!) and my creative muse has been working overtime! I’ve already found a way to expand the fashion section of this site and I wanted to do something new on the beauty side, besides the reviews. So I thought of doing an OOTD with a beauty twist.
Today’s look is from last week’s outfit. I haven’t done my eyes up in awhile and purple is one of my favorite eyeshadow colors to wear.
- light pink shadow on the lids (e.l.f)
- purple shadow on the crease blending into the browbone (e.l.f)
- Dark purple shadow on the outer crease and corners (Hard Candy)
- Black liner from Neutrogena
- Black mascara from Buxom
- Cream Blush in Pink Melon (Avon)
- Lipstick in Rosewine (Avon)
- Light Pink gloss in the middle for a little shine (Covergirl)
I tried out a new style with my hair, the unusually cold weather we’ve been having down hair making air drying my hair impossible. So I went with what is called a two strand twist bantu knot out (I know it’s a mouthful!) The night before, I blew out my hair and made individual twists using Shea Moisture’s Curling Smoothie and twisted them into little pinwheels or bantu knots. I took them down the next morning and I liked how they came out. Blow drying my hair first gave me the volume I needed and the bantu knots curled my ends with the need for rollers (gotta love that!)