I’m super excited that my post was chosen for IFB’s weekly round up. It was one of those posts that would not stop nagging me until I sat down and wrote it. It’s been awhile since I’ve been so inspired and really forced to sit down and reflect on my life and how I can make it better. Like Oprah says, it was definitely an AHA moment, something that was much needed as I’m wrapping up a very special project that is so near and dear to me! (don’t worry, I will share real soon!)
Please check out these other posts. There is some really great stuff in here!
Edited by Vahni of Grit & Glamour
It’s been a while since I’ve done a LALM roundup, and it’s nice to be back! You’ve been busy little bloggers—some trend reporting here, a little schmoozing backstage at Salvatore Ferragamo there, and a lot of DIYing. You’re veritable blogging animals, with fabulously-spotted hides to match! Yeah, the animal trend—prints, furs, style stalking, what have you—with this round of posts, consider it done. And well-done, I might add.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: OCTOBER 13TH
- Aquí: A special collaboration: Alexander Wang + Sally Hansen
- Beyond Fabric: Unveiling menswear myths: #1—dressing up in warm weather.
- Boyish Chic: How to make a fancier dress wearable for every day.
- Cosmolawlitan: Reebok’s toning shoes do not tone as advertised
- Dress Code: High Fashion: Backstage at Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 12 and what I learned there.
- Dress With Courage: Does your actual appearance match what you see in the mirror? Why women overestimate their size.
- Fashion Dynamite: How I mixed two fall trends in my OOTD—faux fur and ankle pants.
- Fierce: Keeping that ego in check.
- Grit & Glamour: What V wore: purple, reigned in* (plus midi-length tips).
- Haute Americana: Get in the Halloween spirit with American-made Halloween-esque essentials.
- My So-Called Corporate Life: How to wear the fall 2011 snakeskin trend to the office.
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Lace tier Scallop Skirt
- Semi-Sweet Style: Meet a style icon: Christine Centenera.
- Smart n Snazzy: Pretty n punk: DIY studs n lace shoe refashion.
- Thanks I Made It: Getting to the point: DIY spike necklace.
- The Complex Media & Design Blog: Fashion for good: The Body Shop continues fight against sex trafficking with STOP bag.
- The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: Lessons from Tom Ford to an unlikely fashionista.
- The Style Project: In the red—colored corduroys.
- Tickle Me Chic: Taking a walk on the wild side: mixing prints and taking chances.
- What 2 Wear Where: What to wear: animal prints for NBC New York Live
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine