I think we can all agree that there are a few fashion rules that can be tossed out the window. Not wearing white after Labor Day is definitely one of them and I know I’ve been breaking that “rule” for awhile now! Though it’s easy to wear white in a place where it’s hot all the time, I still want to feel like I’m still dressing like it’s the Fall. So how can you incorporate the color white into your Fall wardrobe? Keith Fulsher, the dressbarn Chief Merchandising Officer is here to show us how!
- Shy away from the summery, head-to-toe white look. Try mixing bold fall colors with one white or off-white piece such white jeans.
- Fabric is huge factor. Forget linen and tissue-thin fabrics as they are not heavy enough or appropriate for the approaching season. Crisp white shirts, as well as those in off-white and cream are your best bets. Cashmere and other luxe sweater fabrics are also warming whites.
- Outwear is a great way to keep the summer feeling. Think faux leather, faux fur, cardigans and denim jackets. And when the cold temps hit, winter white puffer jackets. Blend with deeper fall hues to stay in season.
- Use white as an accent piece to draw attention to an area you are confident with. Think pearls, large white watch and of course, French tip manicures.
- Put the white shoes back in the box and opt for cream, nude or ones that blend in white such as polka dots or even saddle shoes!
What about you? How are you rocking white after Labor Day?
Photos courtesy of: dressbarn