Whoo hoo! It’s Friday and it should’ve come quicker than most Fridays because of the three day weekend. But hey, what can you do?
This week we are talking about packing when we go away on a summer trip. I usually take a trip every year, but this year was filled with little, unexpected trips that weren’t for fun so this summer I’m staying put. But that’s okay, because down here, stay-cations are the best so it’s all good!
When it comes to packing for vacation what’s your mantra? Always be prepared for anything!! It’s something my mom has instilled in me since I was very small because as a kid I was always traveling (Now that I think of it, I traveled more as a kid than I do now! Man that stinks! LOL). But yes, you have to be prepared. I always make sure I have travel sized medicines packed in case of headaches, tummy aches, or allergies. When it comes to my fashion and beauty stuff, I make sure I have things that can fix my clothes and/or makeup in a jiffy, have extra pair of shoes, and extra undies (hey, you never know!)
What are your must packs?
- Jeans: You can dress them up or dress them down so they are perfect for sightseeing or a night on the town.
- Flip Flops: The only place I go barefoot is in my own house, so when I’m someplace else, I have to have something for my feet to walk around in.
- My make up bag: The one thing I love about this roll up bag I have is that I can detach the little compartments and take them with me on the go. So if I’m going by plane, I can downsize my stash into one mini bag. If I’m taking a road trip, my entire bag goes with me!
- My hair products: My hair has always been spoiled so I want to keep up the same routines that I do at home.
- A plastic bag: I always pack a plastic bag so I have a place for my dirty clothes when I repack.
What are you happy to leave behind? My lap top!! I can be such a workaholic especially when it comes to my writing, so to ensure that I actually enjoy my vacation, I keep that thing home! One time I was burned out so bad, I had to throw my phone in the trunk of the car during a road trip. Most liberating thing ever!
Any packing secrets that help you get everything into one suitcase? I don’t know if it’s a secret or not, but it’s how I normally pack and I’m usually able to fit everything:
- Jeans pants and skirts on the bottom, and shirt, tanks, and cardis on top
- Undies, bras, socks, and jewelry (which are packed in ziplocks) go into the mesh zipper part thingy
- My make up bag, shoes, and belts are put into the crevices between the clothes
Beach reading… what are you taking with you to read in the sand? I’ve most recently gotten back into reading and the series that I’m reading now is the Song of Fire and Ice, which starts off with the first book, Game of Thrones. Fantasy books are awesome to read on the beach because you truly feel you are in a faraway place.
What about you guys? What can we find in your suitcase when you’re gearing up for a getaway?
If you’re interested in joining the Friend Friday fun, head on over to Modly Chic to find out the details!
Photo courtesy of: wardroberreimagines.blogspot.com