Fierce OOTD: The Prom Edition

My weekends have been pretty busy lately!  Last weekend I celebrated mother’s day with the most awesome mom in the world and had to feature her on the blog.  This weekend was my little sister’s prom and let me tell you, I felt SUPER old!  I was 12 years old when she came to the world so I remember vividly every first thing she had!  We are super duper close and I’m feeling the mommy pride/sadness that she’ll be going away to college this summer.  I’m very proud of her and I’m so glad I got to be a big part of her night! (The hubby and I drove her to prom in his Mustang.  Had to made sure my baby arrived in style!)

She picked out her dress and I must say she did an awesome job!  I loved the fact that it was so different form your normal dresses.  The short hem in the front let’s her show off her fabulous shoes while the train the back still gives it a gown-type feeling.  There’s nothing hanging out, it’s not overly sexy, and she will have no problem dancing all night! The color was perfect on her and the dress can totally be worn for another event later on down the road.

So here is Miss Diva and all her glory!

Prom 2011

Mustang GT

Dress:  Jenny’s Fashion (a local dress shop)

Shoes:  Gifted

Jewelry: Gifted

10 thoughts on “Fierce OOTD: The Prom Edition

1. Madison says:

Super stylish prom dress. I think that it’s cute and very special that you were able to share this experience with her, she looks beautiful here in this. I agree, it’s definitely different from normal dresses. The venue looks simply spectacular from the picture. -xxoo

2. Veshoevius says:

Awww – I know the feeling – I’m about 8 years older than my youngest brother and seeing him all dressed up to get married made me feel so proud yet nostaglic to think of him as a little boy growing up. I think your sister looks fab – every young woman coming of age needs her cinderella moment with a dreamy gown!

3. Laura says:

That’s such a fierce prom dress! I also love the butterfly masque, it really adds a unique touch! Oh, and the shoes are really pretty, as well. They kind of remind me of my prom shoes, actually, though I have to admit they look comfier than mine were, haha!
    I hope you had a great time!
    Laura

Oh my sister’s feet were killing her by the end of the night! LOL. The mask was awesome and it went with her prome theme which was a masquerade ball. She had such a good time! :)

• Laura says:

OH SORRY, I hadn’t realized it was your sister’s prom and not yours! OOPS, I guess that’s what happens when you start reading a new blog while writing an essay for school… Either way, she looked great! :)
      Laura

It’s okay!!! We look alike so we get confused all the time!! I’m just glad you stopped by and commented! It will totally make her day!! :)