Full Time Fabulous Event: A Cubanita For Life

I’m too excited to participating in this event hosted by Kristy Elena of Full Time Fabulous.  Today’s theme is about exploring our culture’s and where we’re from and I’m glad the FTC Community chose it because it’s something that I don’t get to really talk about much here on my blog.

I mentioned briefly awhile back that my mom’s family is from Havana, Cuba and I grew up in a typical, Cuban household (Spanish and all!).  I even went to Cuba when I was little girl to meet the tons of family I still have over there.  I can’t wait to go back now that I’m older and the travel over there has gotten a little bit easier.  But until then I get to experience Cuban life through the traditions I grew up with (like Noche Buena), living here in South Florida, and my Abuelita, who can still throw down in the kitchen!

So what is Cuban Culture to me?

• It’s big, bold colors
  • It’s music, letting the rhythm just flow through you
  • It’s food, food,….and more delicious food!
  • It’s all about family
  • It’s loving to laugh

Photos courtesy of:  artrattler.com, dancefilmscotland.com, ilovehavana.com, mylivetocanvas.com, restaurantgirl.com, telegraph.co.uk

22 thoughts on “Full Time Fabulous Event: A Cubanita For Life

1. Beautifully Invisible says:

A woman I used to work with traveled to Cuba a few years back and could NOT stop raving about it. She travels extensively, and repeatedly said that it was one of the best trips she had ever been on. The culture and people left a huge impression on her and I know she was planning to return at some point in time.

I love the collage you put together. The shots of your family combined with those vibrant colors are just perfect!

My grandmother went back last summer for a month and she had such a fabulous time over there! I can’t wait to go back!

Thrilled you like the collage! :)

2. Statementadf says:

If I think of Cuba I immediately want to dance and seeing your collage I feel like summer. All those vibrant colors just make you smile. With food like what you have there really what else do you need? Great post thx for participating because trough the ftf blog event link i found you.

xo

That’s the exact feeling I wanted to get when I was putting the collage together! Thanks so much for stopping by and I’m so glad you found me! :)

Ha!! How awesome!!!

Thanks for hosting this awesome event! I’ve been wanting to talk about my culture for awhile now and this was the perfect opportunity to do it! Can’t wait for the next event!!

3. Casee Marie says:

Aww, I love this! Your collage is beautiful, so spirited and really expresses all the personality of Cuba. I’ve always thought it seemed like such an exciting place. Lovely job!

4. Madison says:

I love cuban food. Some of my favourite music is Afro-cuban artists clubs I miss going to, dancing feel it in your bones. I remember meeting people and how real they were. You have such a wonderful culture that loves strangers like a family.
    Thanks for sharing! -xxoo :)

I miss going to Spanish clubs too! I dunno, it’s just something about the music that it just forces you to move! It’s impossible to stand still! And the food is fantastic!

5. Oh to Be a Muse says:

lovely collection of photographs that really showcase the culture. i was born in jamaica so i used to be able to fly into cuba, but now that i am an american citizen it’s not so easy.

The travel from the states there has gotten a lot better. What kinda stinks is that for those born there and live here have a really hard time going over there.

6. designedbyann says:

what a nice collage…never been to Cuba but I like your representation of it…I like color, music and food :P
    Love,
    Anna

Thank you! I don’t remember much of it when I went when I was a kid so I really want to go back. It will kinda be like the first time! :)

7. Minister of Style says:

That is so interesting to know! I have a very good friend who is Cuban and they have made me an honorary member of their family. It is all about family, food and good times. Thank you for sharing a little about you.

Honey we are always adopting family members!! It’s funny because I grew up with people who I was told were my cousins only to find out when we got older that we aren’t even related! LOL