Spring time is here ladies and, if you’re like me, you are in the process of getting your wardrobe ready for warmer weather! And if you’re any more like me, you open up your closet and it looks like……a wreck! It hasn’t recovered from the 30×30 restriction and it’s reflecting the craziness I’ve been experiencing lately!
So, to help us ladies (like me!) to get our closets and dressers back into shape so we can stuff it with even more clothes is professional organizer and consultant Justin Klosky of The O.C.D. Experience (Organize and Create Discipline). Here are his tips for an organized closet!
- Hang It: Every hanger should be uniform. A necessity in any closet, using the same type of hanger is crucial to organizing and beautifying your closet. Justin’s Suggestion: non-slip hangers with a velvet finish
- Categorize It: Instead of digging through clumps of clothes in your drawers, use drawer organizers that are perfect for categorizing ties, undergarments, and socks. Once the organizer is full, purge things to make room for new items or purchase another divider. Justin’s Suggestion: Silk Drawer Organizers
- Hook It: Jewelry organization is always difficult, so don’t be shy to display your jewelry on hangers or hooks. Justin’s Suggestion: Acrylic Jewelry Hangers
- Store It: Comforters and linens take up a lot of space. Use a vacuum-packed storage bag to eliminate excess air and allow for easier storage. Keep like items together by storing linens in the guest closet.
- Justin’s Suggestion: The Container Store’s Space Bags
- Itemize It: If you live in a region where different wardrobes are required, consider getting a rolling rack to store clothing during the off-season. Itemize and catalogue each item for easy access to any piece at any time. Justin’s Suggestion: Adjustable Rolling Rack
How do you keep your closet organized?
Photo courtesy of: glamitycalamity.com