Fierce OOTD: It’s a New Year and I’m Feeling Blue

Okay ladies this is my first Outfit Post of 2011!  As one of my blogging resolutions, I wanted to include more Fierce OOTD to my blog!  After Thanksgiving I scored an cute Kodak camera and tripod so this is the first time I’m test driving my new gadgets (as well as using the photo editing tools on Picknik!).

I wanted to start my first day back to work rocking my favorite color – blue! Though I work in an office Monday through Friday, I like to jazz up my  normal office wear with pops of color and trendy accessories.  I’ve been on a pearl kick lately, I guess because pearls are always corporate friendly and I’m always trying to find a new and funky way to rock them!

Top: JCPenny

Trousers: New York and Co.

Big Buckle Shoes:  Off Broadway Shoes

Pearl and rhinestone stud earrings:  Icing

Pearl Stretch Bracelet:  Charlotte Russe

Knotted Pearl Necklace: Aldo

11 thoughts on “Fierce OOTD: It’s a New Year and I’m Feeling Blue

1. Beautifully Invisible says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit – its totally something I would wear to work (just with some funkier jewelry, pearls are too classic for me!). I’d have to throw in some spikes or studs or something. LOL

Looking forward to seeing more of these posts from you.

Thanks B! I would love to go crazier with the accessories too but I think my whole office would have a heart attack and die! It’s ultra conservative around these parts! LOL

2. Michelle Howard says:

OK now you have to school me what does OOTD stand for??

The color blue is lovely on you. I like blue too. It’s not my favorite color (believe it or not, it’s black) but it’s my mom’s fave.

How about I got a flip video well over 6 months ago and just started to use it a few weeks ago. I don’t know what took me so long. It’s wonderful. I started doing some video. you’ll find the first one on the home page of my website http://freshradiantskin.com

I was soooooooo nervous. I’m also a little camera shy since I have put on some weight but I’m actually now on a program (Body Gospel) to get it off. I’ve been on the nutrition and exercise plan for 4 days and have lost 2 pounds already. No big whoop but it keeps me motivated :-)

Girl do you not see my pudgy little belly in these photos! LOL. I have a flip camera too and it’s totally awesome. Now that I have my tripod I can take better videos with that also. I’m back in the gym myself after a 3 month hiatus. Two pounds though is two pounds and that’s awesome!! :)

• Michelle Howard says:

LOL I have a muffin top too. Hence, the reason no pics below the waste.

I have a table top tripod and a floor one. Only $15 for both on Amazon.com

I haven’t used the floor tripod yes.

Oh and after 3 months that’s cool. I hadn’t worked out in almost 3 years! It’s been really hard to get back on track but I’m determined.

So what is OOTD???

Once you get back into the swing of things, you’ll be good to go! Just have to find that right motivation! I just have a floor tripod which is awesome!

OOTD = Outfit of the Day :)

Aww thank you!! I’m still fiddling around my new camera so I can get better quality out of it.

You know, I found my tripod at a thrift store from Habitat for Humanity for $10. You should check out your local thrift store because they may have one.