What inspired me to do this post was a recent feature I did on the Perfect Wedding Guide on getting a vintage inspired look on your big day. The three things I learned when it comes to a vintage glam makeup look are heavy liner, peachy cheeks, and a bold red lipstick. Now I’ll be honest, out of the those three things, I only do a peachy blush. I never rocked heavy eyeliner and frankly, I’m intimidated by red lipstick! However, you can’t knock it until you try it and after practicing for about two days, I came up with my own version of the look. Could I have gone bolder and more dramatic? Sure! But you know what they say – you gotta crawl before you can walk!
Eyes: I needed subtle colors for my eyes to counteract the heavy liner and bold lipstick I would be wearing so this is what I used (and where I used it!)
- Maybelline Give Me Gold Pallette: White shadow on my eyelids, the bronze shadow on the corners and creases.
- Wet-n-Wild Color Icon Pallete in Pride: White shadow on my browbone to act as a base (helps bring out colors that you can barely see on you otherwise)
- Too Faced Full Frontal Eyeshadow: On top of the white shadow on my brow bone to make the colors stand out more
- Mary Kay Eyeliner in black: I drew a thick line along my lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner.
- Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara in black (hopefully you know where that goes!)
Cheeks: Instead of peach I went and used Hard Candy’s Love Doll, which was more pinkish in color
Lips: I used Avon’s Extra Lasting Lip Gloss in Always Apple, the only red lip color I’m comfortable wearing!
Any of you ladies more experienced in pulling off this look? What suggestions do you have?
My Other Feature Articles on the Perfect Wedding Guide
Fierce Make-up How-To’s
Photo courtesy of: primped.com