Thanks to a fellow blog in the beauty and fashion world, Modly Chic, I got the awesome opportunity to participate in Friend Friday. Every Friday, a group of us bloggers post our answers to the same set of questions on various topics! This week’s topic is Blogger Jealousy and this was one that really made me think! Make sure you check out what the other Friend Friday bloggers had to say on the subject!
- How do you define jealousy? I define jealousy as wanting what someone else has and then looking at yourself, wondering why you don’t have that. You can expect a little pity party after that!
- When do you find you experience a bit of blogger jealousy? I experience a bit of it when I’m checking out other blogs within my niche of beauty and fashion, especially the big ones!
- What types of blogs or which bloggers are you a little jealous of? The types of blogs I am a little jealous of sometimes those blogs with the super cool layouts, the gorgeous professional photos, and have a huge following! The types of bloggers would have to be the most influential ones, who attend those cool media events, are able to get into the tents of fashion week, and are able to speak at huge blogging networking events.
- From the time we’re little we are taught that jealousy is a bad thing, but it can also inspire us to be better. Have you changed the way you do things, the content of your blog, etc… as a result of what someone else is doing? Sometimes when I check out the blogs that I really like, I get ideas on layout, types of content, and how to better focus my blog. Then I look at mine and if those ideas work within the vision of what I want my blog to be, I try it out and see if it works for me. At the end of the day, whatever I choose to do based on what others do, it has to be me with my voice and my vision
- What is the best way to overcome jealousy in the blogosphere and in life? The best way to overcome it is to take a step back and look at the things that you’ve accomplished. Appreciate that and be proud of yourself. Then look at all those other blogs and see how long it took them to get to where they are and remember that they didn’t get there overnight. Instead of looking at them in jealousy, look at them as the place you aspire to be in blogging (and in life) and keep pushing!
What’s your take on the subject? How do you deal with blogger jealousy or any type of jealousy for that matter?
Photo courtesy of: yourtango.com