A woman who is true to her hair fanaticism, I could not pass up the opportunity to share with you ladies some of the hair looks that are totally in this season! Celebrity hairstylist Tippi Shorter is dishing her hair tips and tricks once again! Straight from the Avon Global Stylist Spring Trend Report 2010, here are some of the hottest hairstyles along the super-easy hair how-to’s and Avon Advance Technique’s hair products you’ll need to get you looking Fierce this summer!
1. Prep wet hair from root to tip with Volumizing Mousse to enhance natural shine and create volume.
Using the Cushion Brush, blow dry hair section by section to distribute the product and create natural texture.
2. Gather the hair tight to form a ponytail at the back crown of the head and secure with a ponytail holder, keeping all sides flat. Holding hair at the end of the ponytail, twist the hair firmly in one direction to form a knot into a spiral. Secure with bobby pins.
3. On the sides, “muse” the little wispy hairs to play up the natural texture. Lightly spray with Hair Spray to complete the style and hold in place.
1. To create the perfect canvas for a defined part, start with clean, smooth hair by applying Dry Ends Serum to the ends of your hair and Super Straight Smoothing Balm from root to tip.
2. Using the Large Barrel Brush, blow dry hair straight. Use a comb to create a defined part on the side of the head.
3. Pull all hair into a tight, sleek bun at the back of the neck to make the part really stand out. Spray a light mist of Mirror Shine Spray to create a highsheen finish.
1. Begin this look by smoothing Volumizing Mousse through damp hair root to tip.
2. Create soft curls by setting hair with Pillow Curlers. Spray a light mist of Hair Spray to ensure hair will hold curl.
3. Remove the curlers. Flip hair over front of head and add a layer of Hair Spray to create extra volume and hold. Run fingers through hair to loosen curls for a soft finish.
1. Prep damp hair with Moisture Sleek Smoothing Serum. Dry hair using the Vent Brush to enhance shine and create a smooth finish.
2. Apply a small amount of Shaping Gel to dry hair from root to mid-shaft. Pull all hair to the back of the head, securing with an elastic band.
3. Take a small bunch of hair and twist around the base of the pony, securing with bobby pins. Finish the look with a light mist of Hair Spray to keep all strands in place.
1. Smooth an Anti-Frizz Capsule on damp hair to create the perfect foundation for building frizz-free
texture. Layer Volumizing Mousse on hair to give your tresses the extra boost they need.
2. Blow dry hair in small sections with a Round Brush. Wrap hair tightly around the barrel and aim hot air directly on the hair until dry.
3. Once all hair is dry, backcomb the top section and pull back to the center of the head, securing in place with bobby pins. Take the remaining hair and secure in a loose, messy bun at the nape of the neck. Finish the look with a light mist of Hair Spray.
What else is hot in all things Hair-related!
Photos and hair instructions courtesy of: Avon