Ready to show some skin ladies? Of course you are! Its Spring time and I’m all for those short dresses, short sleeve tops, and open toes sandals! Before we do, we have to make sure we’re doing right by our skin. To help us make sure we are, Dr. Michelle Copeland, a Harvard-trained plastic surgeon, has some great do’s and don’ts when it comes to caring for beautiful skin!
- The cardinal rule: Protect yourself from the sun! Sun exposure encourages skin cancer formation and is one of the major causes of wrinkles. Dr. Copeland’s must-haves? Daily Moisturizer with SPF-20 and Sunless Tanning Bronzer.
- Use pigment reducing creams in conjunction with an exfoliator. Using Dr. Copeland’s Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Formula along with exfoliating will bring results in several weeks!
- Clean your face twice a day and exfoliate properly and religiously: We perspire during the night, even if it is not noticeable. Dr. Copeland’s AHA Face Cream and Microdermabrasion Formula make exfoliation a no-brainer.
- Your grocery list and skincare labels should both include plenty of antioxidants. Try Dr. Copeland’s resveratrol-packed Rewind Age-Defying Cream and antioxidant-laced Revitalizing Formula with Vitamins C & E. At the grocery store, opt for: berries; green leafy vegetables such as broccoli; herbs and spices such as cumin, rosemary and thyme; green tea; and resveratrol-packed red wine. Lean proteins such as chicken are also good for your skin.
- Steer clear of bars of soap! They are too harsh, no matter the moisturizing claims.
- Skip the fried foods, rich fatty foods and sodas.
- Reduce alcohol intake, especially when it comes to grain alcohol such as vodka, rum and whiskey.
- Check beauty labels for surfactants, which produce foam in liquid products like shampoo and soap. They are extremely drying. Instead, choose non-foaming cleansers that don’t strip the top layer of oil from the skin.
Now it’s your turn ladies! What do’s and don’ts do you have when it comes to skincare?
PS: Get your invite at Rue La La and check out my tips for wearing Spring’s hottest accessories on Behind the Keyhole!
Advice courtesy of: Rue La La
Photo courtesy of: ehow.com